Tuesday, July 21, 2009

New Directions

While I hope many, many people might read this blog as I near the kick-off date, I am fairly sure there is currently only one or two people reading right now, and for that I am thankful.
I wanted my blog to contain all the ups and downs of this experience. But I don't need it to be a balance sheet of negative responses borrowed from previous years.

Recently, I ranted against a few places who refused to give me incentive prizes. And then in a fit of total stupidity, I recanted my anger while spewing a new anger all over again. I do believe my anger was justified, but naming names and pointing fingers was probably not the way to get more businesses to participate in the future. I have deleted those posts.

I bet each reader would rather hear of brave tales of assistance rather than a listing of places who reneged on their promises.

I am going to change the direction of this blog to a more positive state. In the next few weeks, I want to tell you about those people who surprised me, those businesses who changed the shape of the food drive, and the LARGE cash donation of Byrd and Baldwin Brothers Steakhouse, and why it made me so happy (and why it has been secret until now).

No comments: