Monday, November 30, 2009

Break Time

We are going to take a break for a week or so. Now is the time where we have to wait until the dates roll around to pick-up the donations. As of today, we have 25 participating restaurants. I will stop by each of them to see how their individual drives are going, but I don't think there will be much to post here.

In case you are wondering, here is what has happened in the last few days. Last Wednesday night, University Pizza had a fundraiser and they did a really good job (read below). On Friday, it came to my attention that my contact for two other restaurants had quit his job, and without his support, I lost those participants. About an hour later, I discovered that Charlie's Cafe had joined our cause -- so I lost two and gained one.

Friday night, Tanners Creek had a massive party with a live band , but those patrons were not as generous as we had hoped. However, Tanners Creek is continuing with their drive, and I believe the staff is going to raise a lot of donations for the foodbank!

On Saturday I received a phone message from a guy who said the following, "I own two bars, and one of them is already participating, so I don't think its necessary for the other bar to do anything for you." ???? I guess the staff at one location likes to help and at the other location, they do not. It was just an odd phone call, unexpected and curiously angry.

And so you see, that is how it will go for the next two weeks. If anything exciting happens, I'll be sure to post. But please, stay tuned because the end of the drive is the most fun part!

No comments: